Expert Advice From the Local HVAC Specialists
Before scheduling any HVAC service work, it’s important to be informed about the potential issues. That’s why, during our initial consultation, A+ Heating & Air will answer any questions that you may have. But if you simply want to learn more about heating and air conditioning, this guide will help!
What Types of Systems Are Available?
There are five main types of HVAC systems, including the following:
- Split systems. These are traditional systems where components are located both inside and outside. These components are typically a furnace, air conditioner or heat pump, ducts and evaporator coil. Ductwork will bring heated or cooled air into the property.
- Hybrid heat systems. Like the other two systems, components are located both inside and outside. These systems typically combine a gas furnace and electric heat pump. Since they also have a variable speed blower, these systems can both heat and cool the inside air.
- Geothermal heat pumps. Heat pumps can provide both heated and cooled air. With geothermal heat pumps, air is pumped through the ground, and the pump will use this air to heat or cool the inside environment.
- Ductless split systems. These systems do not use ductwork to move air. Instead, they consist of different units that work together. For example, a heat pump or an air conditioner, a wall unit, controls and refrigerant tubing. These systems are located both indoors and outdoors. They are good for spaces where adding ductwork would be too expensive or not feasible.
- Packaged systems. If space is an issue, packaged systems can be a good solution. A packaged system leverages AC and heat pumps to both heat and cool indoor air.
If you have more questions or are having issues with your AC unit, heat pump or furnace, give A+ Heating & Air a call!
Schedule Your HVAC Service Today!
No matter the issue, A+ Heating & Air can help. We are the local experts serving Sacramento County area. Your comfort is our priority. Schedule an appointment with our convenient online form, or give us a call at (916) 838-3748.